Today on MD-VOD, Dr. John Kennedy is joined by, Dr. Paul Pagnini to answer your facebook and twitter questions about prostate cancer. After skin cancer, prostate cancer is the most common cancer found in American men. One in six men will get prostate cancer during their lifetime, and one in 36 will die of this disease.
Typically, prostate cancer is discovered during a routine checkup, but if you experience any of the following symptoms, you should consult your doctor:
• A need to urinate frequently
• Difficulty starting or stopping urination
• A weak or interrupted flow of urine
• Painful or burning urination
• Difficulty in having an errection
• Painful ejaculation
• Blood in urine or semen
• Frequent pain or stiffness in the lower back, hips, or upper thighs
There are various treatments, including oral medications, radiation, and surgery. Dr. Pagnini suggests scheduling routine exams to try and catch and begin treating the cancer early on.