Personal Trainer and Nutrionist Selah Victor from C’est la Vie with Selah V! gives you the top 5 recipes for the holidays!
Hosted by personal trainer and nutritionist Selah Victor from C’est la Vie with Selah V!. Selah renovates your favorite holiday recipes!
Egg Nog gets a makeover as Selah makes it fat free and sugar free, packed with protein and delicious. Gluten Free Gingerbread with Maple Cream Cheese frosting is as delicious as it sounds, sweetened with NuNaturals Stevia Baking Blend. Try the Sugar Free fudge from chocolatecoveredkatie.com and share it as a gift to your friends and family. The Mini Peppermint Patty Cake makes a perfect centerpiece for the holiday table. And finally, help your guests get their veggies in by creating a festive veggie tree with healthy dip.
Follow Selah on Twitter (@selahvfitness) and Facebook (facebook.com/selahvfitness) for the latest news and show schedule– we want to hear your feedback!
Dig into our episode vault here: http://www.empowerme.tv/cest-la-vie/
Selah Victor has been a personal trainer and nutritionist in Los Angeles for the past 10 years. She specializes in weight loss and injury prevention and loves to help people find ways to convert their favorite recipes into something healthy.
CHOCOLATE COVERED KATIE’S SUGAR FREE FUDGE IN A JAR
This fudge is so easy to make and makes an awesome holiday gift! I like to recycle old coconut oil jars from Trader Joes and put a holiday label/gift note on the front with a nice ribbon. I simply clean the old jar then fill it with the above recipe for sugar free HEALTHY fudge!!
CHRISTMAS TREE VEGGIE TRAY
This tree is so cute and helps your party guests get in the Christmas spirit while getting their veggies in! Plus, if you serve my green dip in a red bowl, you can make this tray really festive! It’s super simple and tastes delicious.
6 Whole Wheat Trader Joe’s Pretzel Sticks
1 Bag of Trader Joe Organic Cut Broccoli
About a dozen red cherry tomatoes
½ of a yellow bell pepper, sliced
Use the pretzels as the tree trunk. Arrange the broccoli in the shape of a tree. Place the tomatoes on as ornaments and the bell pepper becomes the star.
FESTIVE GREEK YOGURT SPINACH AND KALE DIP
This dip is so delicious, I can’t stop eating it when I make it….good thing it’s packed with protein and vegetables! And it looks really festive for the holidays with it’s bright green color, especially when served in a red bowl!
• 17 ozs greek yogurt (container of 2%, or about 2 cups of your favorite)
• 3 tbsp reduced fat Veganaise mayonnaise
• 2 tbsps Nature’s Hollow Sugar Free honey
• 1 cup kale (finely chopped)
• 1 cup spinach (finely chopped)
• 3 green onions (thin, finely chopped)
• 1/3 cup red pepper (finely chopped)
• 1/4 cup carrot (finely chopped)
• 2 garlic cloves (finely minced or pressed)
• 1 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp pepper
• 1/4 tsp paprika (smoked)
• 1/4 tsp dill (dried)
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp onion powder
• 1 tsp mustard powder
• 2 tbsps chives (chopped) (to decorate on top)
• Optional: 1 can of Trader Joes Artichoke Hearts, chopped
Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl, then top with chives.
GULIT FREE GINGERBREAD LOAF
WITH SUGAR FREE VEGAN MAPLE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
I love gingerbread, it just tastes like the holidays. But it’s usually packed with sugar, butter, and flour. Not my recipe!! Finally a gluten free, refined sugar free, vegan gingerbread loaf that you can enjoy guilt free…oh, and the maple cream cheese frosting isn’t so bad either ?.
For the gingerbread:
2 cups Trader Joes gluten free flour
1/4 cup NuNaturals Stevia Baking Blend
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 & 1/2 teaspoons ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 cup unsalted coconut oil, melted
14/ cup unsweetened applesauce
3/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup water
1 egg or vegan egg substitute
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tbs. apple cider vinegar
For the maple cream cheese frosting:
6 ounces Tofutti Cream Cheese
1 & 1/2 cups powdered Erythritol (I use the one by Sensato)
2 tablespoons Joseph’s sugar free maple syrup
1 tablespoon almond milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9″x5″ loaf pan.
2. Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Combine the melted coconut oil and molasses in a separate bowl, then pour into the dry ingredients and mix until completely incorporated.
3. Add the water and stir until smooth. Combine the almond milk and the apple cider vinegar in a separate bowl, then let sit for a few minutes. Add the egg or egg substitute, then pour into the batter and stir until combined.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool in the pan 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Cool completely before frosting.
5. To make the frosting: Use a hand mixer to beat together the cream cheese and the powdered sugar about 1/2 cup at a time, beating at low speed after each addition. Once the sugar is totally incorporated, add the maple syrup and milk. Beat the frosting for 1-2 minutes, or until smooth. You can adjust the thickness of the frosting by adding more powdered sugar (if you want it to be thicker) or more milk (if you want it to be thinner).
SUGAR FREE FAT FREE HEALTHY EGGNOG
(adapted from www.thecandidadiet.com)
I love eggnog so much, I wish I could drink it all year…and with this recipe, I can! It’s even packed with protein because of the eggs. If you can’t do dairy, feel free to replace the regular milk with the milk of your choice.
Ingredients (about 4 servings)
2 1/4 cup organic non fat milk
1 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla
1 to 2 packets NuNaturals stevia
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
In a blender, combine coconut milk, almond milk, eggs, alcohol free vanilla, stevia, nutmeg and cinnamon. Blend on high speed until the mixture is frothy. Chill before serving. Pour into glasses, and garnish with a dusting of cinnamon and a cinnamon stick. Happy holidays!
If you’re concerned about the risk of salmonella or other food-borne illness, simply dip the eggs in boiling water for 30 seconds. This will effectively sanitize the eggs, if they have been properly refrigerated.
“C’est la Vie with Selah V!” features conversations with celebrities and fitness stars about the latest and greatest in the workout world! Selah provides dozens of free workouts that you can combine to create your own playlist, plus fabulous healthy recipes. Learn tips on how to get and stay in the best shape of your life with a workout regimen that works for YOU on “C’est la Vie with Selah V!”
Selah Victor is an NASM Certified Personal Trainer and Nutrition Counselor. She is also a Group Fitness Instructor with Equinox Fitness Clubs and Fox Studios, teaching classes such as Boot Camp, Cardio Sculpt, Core Fusion and Buff Ballet.
SUBSCRIBE TO emPOWERme.tv
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK