FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CHIA CAKE
-2 tablespoons chia seed
-1/2 cup water
-6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
-1 cup stevia
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-6 egg whites
-1/4 teaspoon creme of tartar
1. Soak chia in water for about 5 min until it forms a gel as pictured.
2. Blend chia gel, avocado, vanilla, and cocoa power until it form a smooth mixture.
3. In a separate large bowl whip the egg whites and creme of tartar until stiff peaks form.
4. Gradually add the stevia.
5. Gradually add the mixture prepared earlier.
6. Place in a greased pan (I use coconut oil). Place that pan in a water bath (basically a larger pan filled with water).
7. Bake at 300 degrees for 45m min. The center will still be gooey.
8. Chill completely in the fridge. To unmold, place the bottom of the pan in hot water for 10 sec and then place it upside down on a plate.
9. I like to sprinkle with cinnamon and a little more stevia ; )
1 entire cake has: 557 cal. 34.78g fat. 41.04g carb. 35.93g prot. A 1/8 of cake slice: 70 cal. 4.35g fat. 5.13g carb. 4.5g prot
“C’est la Vie with Selah V!” features conversations with celebrities and fitness stars about the latest and greatest in the workout world! Selah provides dozens of free workouts that you can combine to create your own playlist, plus fabulous healthy recipes. Learn tips on how to get and stay in the best shape of your life with a workout regimen that works for YOU on “C’est la Vie with Selah V!”
Selah Victor is an NASM Certified Personal Trainer and Nutrition Counselor. She is also a Group Fitness Instructor with Equinox Fitness Clubs and Fox Studios, teaching classes such as Boot Camp, Cardio Sculpt, Core Fusion and Buff Ballet.
SUBSCRIBE TO emPOWERme.tv
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK