Chicken w/ Pistachio Citrus Sauce – Food Exposed
We can all be as active as Steve with this high protein dish – perfect for lunch or dinner – Chicken with Pistachio Citrus Sauce!
4 ea. orange
1 lb. chicken breast
¼ tsp. black pepper
2 tsp. canola oil
2 tsp. orange zest
2 tbsp. green onions, minced
1 tsp. dijon mustard
2 tbsp. pistachio nuts, toasted
1 cup orange juice
½ cup reduced sodium chicken broth
1. Halve one or more oranges and squeeze to get 1/2 cup juice. Slice the remaining oranges,
2. Sprinkle the chicken with pepper and salt, if desired.
3. Saute chicken in the oil until cooked through but still moist and tender.
4. Over medium-high heat, add the juice, zest, green onion, chicken broth and mustard to the pan drippings, stirring to make a sauce. A
5. Add the orange slices and pistachios. Heat through and pour over chicken.